A Fresh Start
A Fresh Start
by Charmaine Hunte
It’s a very cold day here today, but there are parts of Canada that are even colder. Despite the cold though, I love to go walking in this kind of weather because this is crispness to the air that is so refreshing and alive. That’s how I feel about January as well. We get a clean slate to start fresh. Worldwide the economy left many feeling like they wanted to forget 2008 and can’t wait for it to be over.
It’s a brand new year, hope is abundant and the possibilities are endless. To make the most out of 2009, you need to start as just as strong as you intend to finish. Have you made resolutions that you’ve already broken? That’s okay, as for many people myself included today is the Real January 1. The first Monday after the holidays is the unofficial start of the new year.
Now, I’ve said many times resolutions do not work goals and action plans do. So here are 5 Tips to get your January started right to give you the momentum for your year ahead.
5 Jump Start Tips
- Make a decision you can stick with. Decide right now what do you want?
- Commit to working your plan to the end. Plan to follow through.
- Know what your weaknesses are. Plan for and around them.
- Continue to focus on the direction that you want to go, tune out negativity.
- Take time to celebrate the journey along the way.
“Cheers to a new year and another chance to get it right.” Oprah Winfrey
Your comments and thoughts are always appreciated.
Next Cacia Chronicle: January 12, 2009