10 Self Care Basics (41)
10 Self Care Basics
by Charmaine Hunte
As we begin to wind down the year I thought I would dedicate the month of October to concentrate on Self Care. October is the time of year that we start to review what worked well this year and what we want to change for next year. It is also the quiet before the storm of activities that lead up to Christmas and the holidays.
How is your Self Care?
As the weather starts to change, now is the perfect time to build good self care habits into your life. Self care is taking care of the one machine that you have the ultimate control over – You. When you are running at your best everyone around you will benefit and be inspired. Here are 10 Self Care Basics to incorporate into your life.
1. Have at least 10 min of quiet time every day.
2. Start your day with a nourishing am routine (Affirmations, Meditation & Journal)
4. Eat healthy meals and snacks
5. Exercise 30 min / day and stretch daily
6. Find a hobby you enjoy and start doing it
7. Develop and maintain healthy relationships with others
8. Watch no more than 1 hour / day of TV
9. Have a relaxing pm routine (Stretch, Gratitude & Affirmations)
10. Get 8 hours of sleep each night.
11. Listen to messages your body and emotions are giving you
“If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.” William Arthur Ward
Your comments and thoughts are always appreciated.
Next Cacia Chronicle: October 13, 2008